Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Book Review: 50 Days of Hope

50 Days of Hope: Daily Inspiration for Your Journey through Cancer by Lynn Eib is a small book for you to read a bit of each day to get you through the worst part of most types of cancer treatments.

As a patient advocate and a cancer survivor herself, Eib draws upon her own experiences and wisdom and offers stories of people who have been there and done that and discovered God along the way.

Although I haven't had cancer I have a close family member who's had two rounds of metastatic cancer. At one point, my family member gave up on medical treatment and left it in God's hands. After that she was cancer free for 10 years. Her cancer came back about one year ago and she's done some treatments but not the extensive ones that cause poor quality of life.

I can understand Eib's journey of wanting the journey through cancer to not only be meaningful but comfortable and in trust with God.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion here is my own.

No comments: